Saturday, April 27, 2019

It's Lionel-eve!

April has proven to be a bit of a lion, in terms of drama! I apologize to Mr. B in the great hereafter, but I'm sure he understands. On this eve of Lionel, I present some images of the Man Hisself, more recently acquired. Inspired by Bob Fells of SFT on Facebook, I may try my hand at stringing images from some of his lost films, like The Barrier, together. That, and actually buy the few films of his easily available that I haven't seen, like The Bad Man.

Happy Lionel Eve!

Children of the Whirlwind.  He did shy so well given his other, more aggressive parts. 

The Voice of Bugle Ann, a much underrated & underviewed film. 

Enemies of women.... Oh, this one would be fun!

Below is him with long-term MGM coworker Wallace Beery. I've seen Mr. B and Beery in at least 2 films together, and well...Beery was always well typecast as a boor.



From The Barrier, one of his lost ones I really wish could be found! That's HB Walthall far right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment