Monday, August 28, 2017

Exciting updates! 1912 and 1913-14 film and directorial efforts

Excitement! I was able to verify the existence of one more film with Mr. B (My Hero, 1912--check out the serialization with what looks like Mr. B in the last frame!) as well as add three of his directorial efforts: 1913's No Place for Father with Antonio Moreno (!) and 1914s Just Boys and Chocolate Dynamite. The 1912 images are pretty neat! I found many, many serializations for 1912-1914 and have updated there as well.

I found a pretty amazing serialization of My Hero which is on the 1911-12 film page--but look at this image, the last of the pages, which seems to show Mr. B playing (of course) an old man on the left:

I think that's Mr. B on the left--his role was described "Secondary Role" :)

I also found more information on the 1913 The Suffragette Minstrels, which may have been based on a theatrical show of the same name. Still no images!
 Gotta love the interwebs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment