Monday, November 15, 2021

Yet another anniversary, Mr. B

 I've been awol for mostly health reasons, tbh. But I received an appropriate LB gift for my birthday!




This is one of two I have: the other is with brother John. I owned these years ago, but my sister was able to find them again. The pic is from AMERICA, and the glasses are "roaring twenties". Other people on them include Tom Mix and Clara Bow. 

On another note, recently I learned a university press has approved a bio of Mr B (not by me!), so I'll be intrigued what new there is to learn!

As always, many thanks for the good times, Mr. B. You are not forgotten.

Cheers! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    Found your blog quite by chance on Google a while back, but haven't had time to stop and comment before now.

    Lionel is and has remained my favorite actor since December of 2018 when I saw him in "It's a Wonderful Life" (1946) and "You Can't Take It with You" (1938).

    I've seen the majority of his sound films, and several of his silent ones. I run my own blog on Medium and a YouTube channel, both called Old Hat Cinema, and on the same day you posted this, last November 15, I posted a special video tribute to Lionel, one that I had dedicated hours of work and effort to. Here's the link if you're interested: https://youtu.be/J3XOofCo1jA

    Old Hat Cinema is still in the growth process (I've got 43 subscribers on YouTube currently, hoping to reach 50 during this month) and more views and such are always appreciated.

    From one Barrymore fan to another, "Toodle-oo!"

    ~P.M. Turner

    ReplyDelete