Sunday, December 31, 2017

Out with the old, in with the new

Or so goes many a new year toast. I've become much less of a new year brouhaha person as I've gotten older. I've always hated black eyed peas and greens and am happy to let other people scarf them down. One felicitous year, my roommate and I decided M&Ms were ideal new year treats.

But this time I'm feeling ill and I'm really just exhausted from life, not to mention a difficult year. I go back to work Tuesday and I have more I want to get done. It's also really COLD out, for south Texas. So best to hibernate.

I wanted to send all my hopes for good health, love, and happiness. As Mr B once put it, "there are three things in life that are important: youth, health, and someone to love you". We may not have youth always, but I wish all the other 2. Keep looking up!

"Yup, let's just bury 2017 out in the back 40. No one'll notice" 


No comments:

Post a Comment